Are you an experienced email marketer looking to find reliable email list cleaning services to clean your emails lists?
Or maybe a newbie in the field of email marketing, wondering how to clean email lists full of spam and junk emails?
Either way, you’ve come to the right place. Cleaning your email lists is a vital list management skill you must develop.
In this article, we cover the best email list cleaning services out there.
Each is well-equipped to clean your email list from all kinds of spammy, shady, or simply unsolicited emails.
It’s just a matter of picking the right one for your business.
So without further ado, let’s dive into the world of list cleaning.
What Is An Email List Cleaning Service?
Sending emails to invalid email addresses is a sure way to seriously harm your business.
It will damage your sender reputation and soon enough your emails will start hitting the junk folder and never reach their intended recipient.
That’s a waste of time, money, and resources.
To have a clean list for your next campaign you need to remove all those unwanted contacts from your email list.
Now, you can do that manually, provided you have a small-ish email list. Or, if you are using an email automation tool like Mailvio, you could access its built-in list cleaning feature to do it for you.
But what if you have thousands and thousands of contacts and no email automation tool? Or multiple lists with thousands of contacts each?
How to clean email lists that are seemingly endless?
You could still try to do it manually, but the process would take forever, and we know you have better things to do.
Besides, email lists degrade like crazy over time! Fortunately, there’s a simple solution for that. And it’s called an email list cleaning service.
An email list cleaning service is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a service that will scan your list and remove all the spam and other unwanted emails from it.
These tools can be used on any type of email list, whether it’s a list of subscribers, leads, customers, or anything else. And, the best part about these services is that they’re 100% automated.
How Does Email List Cleaning Work
The best email list cleaning tools will:
- Delete invalid addresses (mistyped addresses, addresses that don’t exist or are no longer used).
- Delete duplicate emails;
- Remove invalid email domains;
- Check for spam traps and “role” based emails (such as postmaster@, administrator@, etc.);
- Verify catch-all email, among other things.
There are a lot of these tools out there. All you’ll need to do is a bit of research to make sure you’re using one that’s right for your list.
To help you out with your search, we handpicked eight of (in our humble opinion) the best email list cleaning services out there.
But before we give you our list, let us first give you the reasons why you should definitely pick up a list cleaning service.
The Benefits of Using an Email List Cleaning Tool
The benefits of using an email list cleaner are multiple, and you will start seeing tangible results in no time.
As mentioned above, the best email list cleaning services will rid you of all invalid emails, which will result in much lower bounce rates and avoid getting your email blocked by Gmail.
You will receive little or no spam complaints, which will boost your sender reputation and thus your overall domain reputation.
Having clean email lists will also improve your open rates (and thus your click-through rates), which will help you increase your sales and profits.
Your email deliverability will also improve since you’ll be working with a clean and responsive email list of targeted prospects.
There are plenty of other benefits as well, but you get the point: it’s time to invest in an email list cleaning tool!
The best part? You won’t have to break the bank to get a good one. Besides, all the best list cleaning services pay for themselves.
Top 8 List Cleaning Tools to Know and Use in 2021
Now that you know why you should use an email list cleaner, let’s take a look at some of the best tools available today.
DeBounce – Email Validation and Verification Tool
DeBounce is a powerful email verification tool that offers over 100 integrations including a WordPress plugin.
Debounce’s email validation features include:
- Disposable email checker (tracks down any disposable email addresses that might exist);
- Catch-All Domain Checker (can detect catch-all domains, which return valid for all emails);
- Syntax Eliminator (removes email addresses with invalid syntax from your mailing list);
- Anti-greylisting Technology (reduces the number of unknowns by simulating a well configured email engine);
- Email Deduplication (removes duplicate email addresses automatically);
- Email Verification API (provides instant verification of email addresses featured on your platform);
- Selectable Download Options (allows you to download only the results that you specify);
- Spam-trap Removal (removes all records of spam);
- Domain Confirmation (removes any and all email addresses with invalid, inactive or parked domains); and
- MTA Validation (identifies if the Email Transfer Agent has a valid MX record).
DeBounce also offers a team account, allowing businesses to add their team members to one account and “consume the same source of credits”.
DeBounce is a “pay what you use” service. That said, they do offer 100 free credits to give you a taste of the service.
As for their pricing tiers, this is how much they charge:
Pabbly Email Verification
Pabbly differentiates itself from the rest of the pack with its slow-speed email verification process that yields “100% accurate results without any error”.
It also guarantees 98% deliverability success.
What’s unique about Pabbly is that it follows manual work instead of automation. It pings each customer’s individual email server to confirm whether the email is valid or not.
This personalized approach, combined with its powerful list cleaning features, make Pabbly one of the best list cleaning services on the market.
Let’s take a look at some of its features:
Pabbly offers a number of different pricing plans ranging from $5 to $2,999.
The $5 base plan will let you scrub 1,000 email addresses. The rest of the pricing tiers look like this:
- 5,000 for $15
- 10,000 for $25
- 15,000 for $37
- 50,000 for $84
- 100,000 for $165
- 300,000 for $389
- 500,000 for $479
- 1,000,000 for $599
- 2,500,000 for $1199
- 5,000,000 for $1799
- 10,000,000 for $2999
NeverBounce – Email List CLeaning Tool
NeverBounce is another outstanding list cleaning tool that boasts 80+ integrations, allowing for seamless data transfer.
Capable of removing up to 99.9% of bounced emails from your list, NeverBounce also offers:
- Bulk email list cleaning through a 20+ step proprietary cleaning process
- Real Time Email Verification; and
- Automated list cleaning solutions.
With NeverBounce, you can upload and clean a list of any size and then simply download your results. Your results will be segmented into five separate categories, including:
- Catch-alls, and
Real-Time Email Verification is another interesting feature somewhat unique to NeverBounce.
This means that you can add Verify to your registration forms or lead pages to verify customer emails “directly at the point of entry”.
NeverBounce also offers:
It is certainly worth noting that NeverBounce offers free list analysis & test credits, so you can give it a try.
Their paid plans (see image below) are based on the “only pay for what you use” principle, with volume discounts and flexible billing options.
XVerify: Intelligent Email Verification
XVerify is another email list cleaning service that thoroughly deserves its place on our list.
Specializing in real-time email verification, XVerify also offers:
- Seamless integration with all major ESPs (such as AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail);
- Instant email validation as soon as they are collected in web forms;
- Email verification accuracy of 98%; and
- Instant results in less than one second.
XVerify is also mobile-ready, which will help you avoid conversion loss due to user input errors caused by “dumb thumbs” or smartphone autocorrection.
XVerify’s email verification tools work in real time. They check individual mail servers to see if the user name still exists at the domain to provide the highest level of accuracy.
Of course, XVerify can also:
- Identify invalid emails
- Auto Correct Typos
- Identify High Risk Emails
- Flag Spam Complainers
- Increase Inbox Deliverability
XVerify’s “pay as you go” rates range from as much as $0.0100 to as little as $0.0010 per email, depending on volume. Check out the image below for more details on pricing.
ListWise – Premium Email List Cleaner
Marketed as the world’s most accurate email list cleaning tool, ListWise has a unique approach to list cleaning powered by world-class algorithms.
ListWise initially checks the email provider MX records to make sure there is a valid mail server for every email address in your list.
Then, it performs “a real-time SMTP handshake” with the email provider to verify the validity of each individual email address. Email addresses that are confirmed to exist are marked as clean.
With ListWise, you can segment your email addresses into several different categories including:
ListWise can verify any email address, regardless of their email provider, and guarantees a 99%+ cleaning accuracy.
Have a look at some of its other features:
ListWise allows you to take a stab at cleaning 100 email addresses for free. Beyond that, they offer both one-off and monthly paid plans.
ListWise’s one-off plan ranges from $7.00 for cleaning 500 email dresses to as much as $15,995.00 for cleaning up to 50 million addresses.
Their monthly plan is shown in the image below.
Bouncer – Email List Cleaning Service
Bouncer is a powerful email list cleaning tool with a stellar reputation for performance, security and ease of use.
Capable of cleaning 100 000 emails per hour, Bouncer guarantees a 99.5%+ result accuracy, up there with the very best.
Bouncer’s email checker will:
- Verify the syntax of an email;
- Run DNS and MX record check; and
- Utilize its AI-supported proprietary algorithms to deliver the most accurate results possible.
Check out some of its other features below.
Bouncer’s email verification API gives you a number of different possibilities to validate emails. With Bouncer, you can:
- Implement real-time email verification on registration and sign-up forms;
- Prevent temporary email addresses from registering; and
- Prevent free emails from sign-up (if you are running a B2B business and prefer to only store business emails); among other things.
Its Bulk Email Validation Api allows you to examine the validity of up to 500 000 emails at a time. This is highly recommended before mass send-outs.
Bouncer allows you to select the “pay-as-you-go” go model or choose from a number of different monthly plans.
Their pay as you go email verification rates will set you back:
- $0.0050 per email for 1,000 – 4,000 emails
- $0.0040 per email for 5,000 – 9,000 emails
- $0.0030 per email for 10,000 – 49,000 emails
- $0.0025 per email for 50,000 – 99,000 emails
- $0.0020 per email for 100,000 – 249,000 emails
- $0.0015 per email for 250,000 – 499,000 emails
- $0.00125 per email for 500,000 – 999,000 emails
- $0.00100 per email for 1,000,000 – 2,499,000 emails
Bouncer’s minimum purchase size is 1,000 credits.
Their monthly plans range from $20 per month for 10,000 email verifications to a “custom” price for 1,000,000 email verifications.
ZeroBounce – Top Tier Email List Cleaning Tool
ZeroBounce is a proven quality email validation and cleaning service that will definitely shoot up your open rates and ROI.
With ZeroBounce, you can validate your list in bulk or check emails in real time via its email validation API.
Either way, ZeroBounce guarantees 98% accurate email validation.
In terms of security, ZeroBounce is GDPR and SOC 2 compliant. Additionally, it uses military-grade data encryption to protect your files during the email verification process.
It also boasts dozens of integration options, A.I.-driven email scoring, and powerful deliverability tools.
Some of its other features include:
Similar to Bouncer, ZeroBounce offers the “pay-as-you-go” go model or several different monthly plans. They also allow you to validate up to 100 emails for free.
The pay-as-you-go offer is as follows:
- Free email validation for up to 100 emails
- $0,008 per email for 2,000+ emails
- $0,0078 per email for 5,00+ emails
- $0,0065 per email for 10,000+ emails
- $0,0039 per email for 100,000+ emails
- $0,003 per email for 250,000+ emails
- $0,0022 per email for 500,000+ emails
- $0,001755 per email for 1,000,000+ emails
- $0,001525 per email for 2,000,000+ emails
ZeroBounce monthly plans are shown in the image below.
MailGet List Cleaning
MailGet is a reliable and affordable list cleaning & verification service deserving of its place on our list.
Some of its main features include:
- Email Syntax Verification (removes emails with invalid syntax);
- MX Record Verification (Checks all MX records for valid emails);
- MX Server Connection Verification (Checks mail server connections to validate emails);
- Greylisting Verification (filters and removes greylisted emails);
- Suppression Verification (examines pre-suppression lists and removes bad emails);
- Disposable Email Verification (automatically removes all disposable emails);
- Duplicate Email Verification (Removes all duplicate emails from your list); and
- Role Email Verification (filters and removes all roles based emails).
MailGet also eliminates hard bounces up to 99%, allowing you to enhance your deliverability.
Depending on the email list size, MailGet takes 24-48 hours to clean your list.
MailGet is easily one the most affordable email list cleaning services in the market. Its starter package costs $4 and covers 1,000 email verifications.
It will cost you $35 to clean 15,000 emails, and $159 to clean 100,000 emails.
This is how much their charge for cleaning a large number of emails:
- $339 for 300,000 emails
- $439 for 500,000 emails
- $579 for 1,000,000 emails
- $1,100 for 2,500,000 emails
- $1699 for 5,000,000 emails
- $2899 for 10,000,000 emails
- $4,990 for 20,000,000 emails
As you can see, there are numerous email list cleaning services that are worth checking out.
With the help of these services, you will achieve better email open rates, improved CTRs and higher conversion rates.
You will also improve your deliverability, gain more subscribers, and reduce unsubscribes.
Consequently, you will increase your brand recognition, and earn more money with each email you send.
So, which one should you pick?
Indeed, it’s difficult to say, and the buck stops with you.
But we do have a few suggestions.
First of all, you should select the service based on your list size. The next factor to consider is the list cleaning price.
Of course, you should double-check the services’ features and see what they offer.
Do they have all the tools you need?
Finally, make sure to read reviews and see if their previous clients are satisfied.
Only then will you be able to make a sound decision that works best for your business.
We hope you find this article useful and informative.
As always, feel free to comment, and if you want more content on email marketing, then check out our email marketing blog.